GO Battle League: Rising Heroes – What You Need to Know
Niantic has recently revealed the details for the highly anticipated GO Battle League: Rising Heroes in Pokemon GO. Exciting new leagues, exclusive battles, and enticing rewards await trainers as they prepare to test their skills. Let’s explore the schedule, bonuses, rewards, and cups available in this upcoming season’s battle extravaganza!
The GO Battle League Schedule
The Rising Heroes season will introduce several leagues, each with its own unique cup and challenges. Trainers can mark their calendars for the following league start and end dates:
- Great League – Fantasy Cup: Ultra League Edition
- Great League – Color Cup: Great League Edition
- Ultra League – Psychic Cup: Great League Edition
- Ultra League – Mountain Cup: Great League Edition
- Master League* – Little Cup*
- Master League* – Spring Cup: Great League Edition*
- Great League – Ultra League
- Evolution Cup: Great League Edition
- Great League – Weather Cup: Ultra League Edition
- Great League – Master Premier Cup
- Ultra League – Little Cup
- Ultra League – Sunshine Cup: Great League Edition
- Master League* – Element Cup: Little Edition*
- Master League* – Catch Cup: Rising Heroes Edition*
*Master League cups have no CP limit.
Rising Heroes: GO Battle Days
Trainers can look forward to exclusive events called “GO Battle Days” featuring prominent battle-focused characters. The first GO Battle Day, known as Palmer’s Day, will honor the renowned trainer Palmer. The event will take place on Saturday, March 25, 2023, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time. Engage in exhilarating battles and make the most of free battle-themed Timed Research, offering fantastic rewards such as gloves inspired by Palmer from the Diamond, Pearl, Brilliant Diamond, and Shining Pearl games. Be prepared to put your skills to the test!
Another GO Battle Day, Stardust Day, is scheduled for Sunday, May 14, 2023. Show your dedication by participating in paid battle-themed Timed Research that grants increased Stardust rewards. This special event is available for only US$1.00.
During the Rising Heroes season, trainers will enjoy some amazing bonuses that enhance their battle experience:
- 4x Stardust from win rewards (excluding end-of-set rewards and Master League rotation weeks).
- Increased number of sets per day: The maximum number of sets you can play per day will be increased from five to 20, allowing for a total of 100 battles between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. local time.
The Rising Heroes season offers a plethora of rewards for trainers who rise through the ranks. Trainers can expect the following guaranteed rank-up encounters:
- Pikachu Libre
In addition, trainers can encounter various Pokemon as rewards throughout the season, depending on their rank. Some of these Pokemon include Poliwag, Ponyta, Electabuzz, Wingull, Meditite, Skarmory, Frillish, Onix, Lickitung, Lapras, Dratini, Snorlax, Hisuian Sneasel, Scraggy, Axew, Noibat, and Goomy.
For the most dedicated battlers, Niantic is introducing a special GO Battle League Timed Research Pass. This pass will be available at no cost in the in-game shop once the Rising Heroes season begins. The Timed Research will track your victories throughout the season, rewarding you with Stardust and unique items like an Elite Fast TM for 400 wins and an Elite Charged TM for 500 wins. Keep battling and see how far you can progress!
Trainers who reach specific ranks will also earn exclusive avatar items inspired by Palmer, the Battle Tower leader in the Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Brilliant Diamond, and Shining Pearl games. These items include a top, shoes, pants, and a unique pose.
Additionally, at rank 19, trainers will receive an Elite Charged TM, and an Elite Fast TM as an end-of-season reward for reaching certain milestones.
The Rising Heroes season introduces a variety of cups, each with its own unique rules and eligible Pokemon. Trainers can participate in the following cups:
- Great League – Pokemon at or below 1,500 CP
- Ultra League – Pokemon at or below 2,500 CP
- Master League – No CP Limit
- Master Premier – No CP Limit, excluding Legendary Pokemon, Mythical Pokemon, and Ultra Beasts
- Fantasy Cup: Ultra League Edition – Only Dragon-, Steel-, and Fairy-type Pokemon are eligible. Certain Pokemon like Galarian Stunfisk and Cobalion will not be allowed.
- Color Cup: Great League Edition – Only Fire-, Water-, Grass-, and Electric-type Pokemon are eligible.
- Mountain Cup: Great League Edition – Only Ice-, Ground-, Rock, and Steel-type Pokemon are eligible. Pokemon like Swampert are not allowed.
- Spring Cup: Great League Edition – Only Water-, Grass-, and Fairy-type Pokemon are eligible. Pokemon like Toxapex are excluded.
- Sunshine Cup: Great League Edition – Only Normal-, Fire-, Grass-, and Ground-type Pokemon are eligible. Pokemon like Charizard are not permitted.
- Psychic Cup: Great League Edition – Only Psychic-type Pokemon can participate. Mew is not eligible.
- Little Cup – Pokemon at or below 500 CP and able to evolve but have not evolved even once.
- Evolution Cup: Great League Edition – Pokemon at or below 1,500 CP that have evolved at least once and can evolve again.
- Weather Cup: Ultra League Edition – Only Fire-, Water-, Ice-, and Rock-type Pokemon are eligible.
- Element Cup: Little Edition – Only Fire-, Water-, and Grass-type Pokemon at or below 500 CP can join.
- Catch Cup: Rising Heroes Edition – Only Pokemon caught during this specific Catch Cup are eligible. Mythical Pokemon are not permitted.
Attack Availability Updates
Several Pokemon will receive new attack options during the Rising Heroes season:
- Exploud can now learn the Charged Attack Boomburst.
- Flygon can now learn the Charged Attack Boomburst.
- Kommo-o can now learn the Charged Attack Boomburst.
- Whimsicott can now learn the Fast Attack Fairy Wind.
- Jellicent can now learn the Charged Attack Surf.
It’s vital to stay mindful of your surroundings