The DC Animated Movie Universe has seen an explosion in popularity in recent years. It’s a series of animated movies that have taken elements from the comics and brought them to life in a thrilling new way. Fans of the DC universe are eager to delve into this series, and there’s no better way to experience than to watch in order.
This article sets out to provide a simple guide to watching the DC Animated Movie Universe in order, including both release and chronological order. It’s the perfect starting point for anyone new to the series or a long-time fan looking to refresh their memory.
In this article, we will provide a brief background on the DC Animated Movie Universe and explain why watching in order is beneficial. Our main aim is to provide easy-to-follow guidelines for watching in order, so you can enjoy the series to its fullest. Get ready to go on an adventure through the DC universe!
The Chronological Order of the DC Animated Movie Universe
The DC Animated Movie Universe spans different eras, each consisting of films centered around a particular character or group of characters. Understanding the different eras is essential to fully appreciate the storylines and character arcs.
Below is a list of all the movies in chronological order, along with their release dates:
1. Justice League: War – February 4, 2014
2. Son of Batman – April 22, 2014
3. Batman: Assault on Arkham – August 12, 2014
4. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – January 27, 2015
5. Batman vs. Robin – April 7, 2015
6. Batman: Bad Blood – February 2, 2016
7. Justice League vs. Teen Titans – March 29, 2016
8. Justice League Dark – February 7, 2017
9. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract – April 4, 2017
10. Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay – April 3, 2018
11. The Death of Superman – July 24, 2018
12. Reign of the Supermen – January 15, 2019
13. Batman: Hush – July 20, 2019
14. Wonder Woman: Bloodlines – October 5, 2019
Although not released in chronological order, these timelines and character arcs, starting with Justice League: War, provide deeper context to the storylines featured in later films. It is essential to watch these films in order to fully appreciate the complexity of the DC Animated Movie Universe.
While watching the movies in chronological order may not follow the release date, it fills in plot holes and allows a better understanding of the overall storylines. It is highly recommended for any DC fan and animation enthusiasts alike to follow the chronological order of DC Animated Movie Universe.
The Release Order of the DC Animated Movie Universe
Chronological order is not the only order in which to watch the DC Animated Movie Universe. Watching in release order is also a viable option, with its own set of benefits. Here are a few reasons why watching in the release order is a good choice:
– Better appreciation of character development: Watching the movies in the order they were released allows the viewers to better understand the character development across the films. Characters evolve and change over time, and watching them in the order they are released gives us a better understanding of their growth.
– Catching Easter Eggs and references: The producers of the DC Animated Movie Universe put a lot of effort into connecting each movie to the others, often with subtle references and Easter eggs. Watching them in release order allows us to catch these hints and connect the dots between films.
Here is the list of DC Animated Movie Universe films in the release order:
1. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
2. Justice League: War (2014)
3. Son of Batman (2014)
4. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
5. Batman vs. Robin (2015)
6. Batman: Bad Blood (2016)
7. Justice League vs. Teen Titans (2016)
8. Justice League Dark (2017)
9. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
10. Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018)
11. The Death of Superman (2018)
12. Reign of the Supermen (2019)
13. Batman: Hush (2019)
14. Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (2019)
15. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
Watching in release order ensures that you get a cohesive, comprehensive experience. Each film stands alone as a great piece of animation, but when viewed together in the correct order, they become more than just individual films.
The Ideal Viewing Order
When it comes to watching the DC Animated Movie Universe, viewers have the option of either following the chronological order or the release order. Each order has its pros and cons, but there is an ideal viewing order that we recommend for the best possible experience.
First, let’s look at the pros and cons of each order. Following the chronological order allows viewers to see the timeline of events in the DC Animated Movie Universe unfold in a logical and sequential manner. This can be helpful for understanding the overarching story and character development. However, chronological order can sometimes mean viewing films out of release order, which may lead to confusion and disrupt the viewing experience.
On the other hand, following the release order means watching the films in the order they were released. This can make for a smoother viewing experience, as the progression of the storylines often matches the order in which they were intended to be viewed. However, there can be continuity errors and gaps in the storylines, and viewers may miss out on important character development and Easter eggs.
Now, let’s discuss our recommended ideal viewing order. We believe that a combination of both chronological and release order provides the best possible balance. Our recommended viewing order is as follows:
- Justice League: War
- Son of Batman
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
- Batman vs. Robin
- Batman: Bad Blood
- Justice League vs. Teen Titans
- Justice League Dark
- Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
- Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
- The Death of Superman
- Reign of the Supermen
- Batman: Hush
- Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
- Superman: Red Son
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
We believe that this order combines the benefits of both chronological and release order. It provides a cohesive story, while also including the Easter eggs and character development that can be missed in a purely chronological viewing order.
Now that you have a better understanding of the pros and cons of both order options, as well as our recommended ideal order, it’s time to choose which works best for you and start watching the DC Animated Movie Universe!
Choose Your Order & Get Watching
After reviewing the different orders to watch the DC Animated Movie Universe, it’s important to consider your individual preferences and choose the best-suited order for you. Whether you seek a chronological or a release-viewing experience, the DC Animated Movie Universe has something to offer for everyone.
To recap, you can choose to go with a chronological or release order. Chronologically, we recommend beginning with “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox” and ending with “Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.” Alternatively, you can choose to watch in the release order, starting with “Superman: Doomsday” and working your way through to “Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.”
Now that you know the ideal orders for watching the DC Animated Movie Universe, it’s time to start watching and enjoying the world of DC comics. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just looking for an exciting and action-packed world to explore, the DC Animated Movie Universe is a great place to start. Choose your preferred order, grab some popcorn, and get ready for a thrilling ride!
1. Why is it important to watch the DC Animated Movie Universe in order?
Watching the DC Animated Movie Universe in order allows for a better understanding of the overall story arc and character development. The films are interconnected and build upon each other, making it easier to follow along and fully appreciate the world and characters.
2. What is the difference between the chronological and release order?
The chronological order follows the timeline of events in the DC Animated Movie Universe, while the release order is the order in which the movies were released to the public. The two orders sometimes differ because some stories take place outside the main timeline.
3. Which order should I watch the movies in?
It depends on your preferences. If you want to fully understand the chronological timeline and significance of each film, watch in chronological order. If you want a more cohesive viewing experience and to see how the films were released to the public, watch in release order.
4. What is the ideal viewing order?
We recommend watching in chronological order for the best understanding of the overall story and character development while also maintaining a cohesive viewing experience.
5. What if I don’t like the order I chose?
Fortunately, the DC Animated Movie Universe is flexible enough to allow for watching in different orders. If you don’t like the order you chose, simply switch to a different order or create your own customized viewing order.