January 2023 Community Day: Chespin
Saturday, January 7, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re thrilled to announce that Chespin, the Spiny Nut Pokemon, will be the featured Pokemon during the January 2023 Community Day!
Chespin will now appear more frequently in the wild. And for the very first time in Pokemon GO, you’ll have the chance to encounter Shiny Chespin if you’re lucky!
During the event or up to five hours afterward, evolve Quilladin (Chespin’s Evolution) to obtain a Chesnaught that knows the powerful Charged Attack called Frenzy Plant.
Community Day Special Research Story: Quality Quills
By purchasing a US$1.00 ticket (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency) from the in-game shop, you’ll gain access to the exclusive Special Research story called “Quality Quills.” Get ready for a quirky quest!
- 2Ã— Candy for catching Pokemon
- 2Ã— chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokemon
- 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event period
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust
- One additional Special Trade can be made, for a maximum of two for the day
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Starting from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, after the three-hour Community Day event ends, you can participate in special four-star Raid Battles featuring Quilladin. A successful raid will cause more Chespin to appear around the Gym for 30 minutes. And who knows, you might get the chance to encounter a Shiny Chespin too!
In celebration of the event, you can collect event-themed stickers by spinning PokÃ©Stops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow the guidelines from local health authorities while playing Pokemon GO. Keep in mind that upcoming events are subject to change. Stay updated by following us on social media, opting to receive push notifications, and subscribing to our emails!
— The Pokemon GO team