Niantic Announces Rescheduled Abra Community Day for April 25
Niantic has recently revealed that Abra will be the featured Pokemon for the upcoming Pokemon GO Community Day. Originally scheduled to take place on March 15, Abra Community Day has been rescheduled to April 25, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time. This event will also mark the debut of Shiny Abra, Shiny Kadabra, and Shiny Alakazam in Pokemon GO. Read on for all the exciting details:
Abra Community Day: Play at Home Edition
To ensure that Pokemon GO trainers can participate in the Community Day event from the comfort of their own homes, Niantic has made some temporary changes. Introducing “Community Day: Play at Home Edition.”
Date + Time
The Abra Community Day, originally planned for March, has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 25, 2020. This event will take place from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, providing trainers with an extended six-hour gameplay experience.
Here are the features that were previously announced for Abra Community Day:
- Abra will have an increased appearance rate in the wild, allowing trainers to encounter it more frequently.
- Trainers may have a chance to encounter a Shiny Abra.
- Evolving Abra during the event or up to two hours after the event has ended will result in obtaining an Alakazam that knows the exclusive Fighting-type Fast Attack called Counter.
Additionally, trainers will have the opportunity to unlock a Special Research story titled “Investigating Illusions” by purchasing a ticket for US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in their local currency). Completing this Special Research will grant trainers 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other exciting rewards. Keep an eye out for when the tickets go live. Please note that the ticket for this Special Research story event is nonrefundable, subject to applicable law and the exceptions stated in the Terms of Service.
Niantic is committed to ensuring that Pokemon GO players can enjoy the game from individual settings. As part of the Community Day: Play at Home Edition, the following temporary changes have been made:
- The duration of Community Day has been extended to six hours, providing trainers with more time to participate.
- The bonus for Community Day will be 3Ã— Catch Stardust, enabling trainers to collect more Stardust and power up their Pokemon for the GO Battle League.
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours throughout the event, allowing trainers to attract Pokemon to their location.
- Buddy Pokemon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring trainers helpful items, including PokÃ© Balls, during the event. For those who are unfamiliar with this bonus, refer to the help center article to learn how to reach the Great Buddy level with your buddy.
- During the event, trainers will have the opportunity to purchase a special one-time bundle called the April Community Day Bundle. This bundle includes an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense, all available for 1,280 PokÃ©Coins.
- Remember to take a snapshot during Community Day for a special surprise!
Even though the community may be physically apart, the Pokemon GO team encourages trainers to come together virtually. Join the 24 hours of Abra-themed coverage on Twitter and use the hashtag #PokemonGOCommunityDay to connect with fellow trainers as you enjoy the event!
Please remember to be aware of your surroundings and stay safe while playing Pokemon GO. Keep in mind that upcoming events are subject to change, so it’s important to follow Niantic on social media, opt in to push notifications, and subscribe to their emails to stay updated. Let’s continue our Pokemon GO journey together!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: What is Abra Community Day?
- Q: When is Abra Community Day?
- Q: What is the exclusive attack that Alakazam can learn during Abra Community Day?
- Q: How can I unlock the Special Research story “Investigating Illusions”?
- Q: Can I participate in Abra Community Day from home?
A: Abra Community Day is a special event in Pokemon GO where the featured Pokemon, Abra, appears more frequently in the wild. Trainers have the opportunity to encounter a Shiny Abra and evolve Abra into Alakazam to learn an exclusive attack.
A: Abra Community Day has been rescheduled to take place on Saturday, April 25, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
A: The exclusive attack that Alakazam can learn during Abra Community Day is the Fighting-type Fast Attack called Counter.
A: To unlock the “Investigating Illusions” Special Research story, trainers can purchase a ticket for US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in their local currency). Completing the Special Research will reward trainers with 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and more.
A: Yes, Niantic has introduced the Community Day: Play at Home Edition, allowing trainers to participate in the event from the comfort of their own homes. Temporary changes have been made to accommodate individual settings.
The rescheduled Abra Community Day is an exciting event for Pokemon GO trainers. Niantic’s decision to introduce the “Community Day: Play at Home Edition” ensures that trainers can participate in the event without leaving their homes. With increased Abra spawns, the chance to encounter Shiny Abra, and the opportunity to evolve Abra into Alakazam with an exclusive attack, trainers have plenty to look forward to during this extended six-hour event. Additionally, the Special Research story, temporary changes, and the April Community Day bundle provide further incentives for trainers to engage in the event. Remember to stay connected with other trainers on social media and make the most of this unique Community Day experience!